40th anniversary of Jim Morrison’s death
Over the weekend fans gathered together in Paris to commemorate the event and honor Jim’s life and work. The commemoration began Saturday evening on July 2 at the Lézard King bar with a gig by the German Doors tribute band Stoned Immaculate.
On July 3, along with a multitude of fans, Ray and Robby visited Jim’s grave in Père Lachaise in the morning. Throughout the day fans sang Doors songs at the graveside, while others hung out at the Renaissance bar located just outside the cemetery on the rue de Repos.
July 2—Stoned Immaculate at the Lézard King
Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger at Jim Morrison’s grave
by Alan Warzecha
Jim Morrison, 40th anniversary, Père Lachaise, Paris
by Korke Duardo
Not to Touch the Earth: A Celebration of the Lizard King
by Dean Preston
- “Jim Morrison” Review by Nigel Cartner for Mudkiss Fanzine
- “Jim Morrison, Père Lachaise and 40 Years” Review by Knoxville Urban Guy
- 40 ans après sa mort, les fans de Jim Morrison se recueillent sur sa tombe (France Info)
July 3—The Doors Alive at the Cigale
- “The View from the Stage” by Jim Cherry. Willie Scott—lead singer of The Doors tribute band The Doors Alive—tells what it was like to be onstage in Paris the evening of the 40th anniversary
July 3—Ray & Robby at the Bataclan
- “Ray Manzarek & Robby Krieger of The Doors @ Le Bataclan, Paris 03/07/11” Review by Nigel Cartner for Mudkiss fanzine.
- Videos by Live Video Bootlegs