Sculptures by Graham Dolphin
“The final, completing element is a series of three replicas of the distinctly amateur bust of Jim Morrison that sat amongst the sea of graffiti at his grave in Paris. Originally produced by a fan, this item also became a surface into which visitors inscribed messages and tributes and indeed became fetishized itself, as people chipped parts of it off to keep and ultimately the item was stolen. Dolphin uses the limited number of public photographs of the object to recreate various states that occurred during the object’s constant evolution over time.” — Seventeen Gallery, London
SEE ALSO Who stole Jim Morrison’s bust?
- Jim Morrison to have public square in Paris named in his honor
- The Doors Alive to play Olympia January 2019 with Letz Zep and One Night of Queen
- A music-themed weekend for European Heritage Days (Journées du Patrimoine) in Paris
- New documentary explores Jim Morrison’s last days in his own words
- Guided live music tour in Père Lachaise for the Fête de la Musique