Illustration by Beshart Graphic Design Studio, a visual communication studio based in Antwerp, Belgium
This illustration is part of The 27 Forever Club Has A New Member collection. The illustration of Jim Morrison portrays the tragic event familiar to us all with an unsettling calm.
The minimalistic and rational design, expressed with cool solid colors, clean lines and elegant typography, is in sharp contrast with the drama that the illustration depicts. The artist cleverly uses the symbolic door to partially conceal the scene beyond, thus capturing the mystery that surrounds Jim’s death to this day.
Beshart Graphic Design Studio
The collection ‘The 27 Forever Club has a new member’ was commissioned by Beshart (as self promo) and was designed by Serge, one of the designers. Beshart is a visual communication studio based in Antwerp, Belgium. Aside from making all sorts of visual communication tools for small and big companies, we try to pursue as many creative projects as we can think of.
Checkout their website.
- “My drunken night with Jim Morrison”
- Death metal music inspires joy not violence
- “Doisneau and Music” exhibition at the Philharmonie de Paris
- The story behind the enigmatic Greek inscription on Morrison’s grave is also a story of fathers, sons, and personal demons
- Watch a new Père Lachaise documentary by Arte.tv through December 31