Fairhaven Memorial Park, Santa Ana, California
Pamela Courson, December 22, 1946–April 25, 1974
Pamela Susan Courson was born in Weed, California. She died on April 25, 1974 from a drug overdose in Los Angeles.
Like Jim, she was also 27 years old at the time of her death. She is buried in Fairhaven Memorial Park, Santa Ana, California. Pamela was Jim’s longtime girlfriend and was in Paris with him when he died.
Leo Fender (1909–1991), inventor of the first electric guitar, the Fender Broadcaster, is also buried in Fairhaven Memorial Park.
- New book on Orange country graves lists famous, semi-famous The Orange County Register
- Angels Dance And Angels Die: The Tragic Romance of Pamela and Jim Morrison by Patricia Butler
Feature photo courtesy of J. Eric Lynxwile
- The Doors: Break On Thru – A Celebration Of Ray Manzarek screening, February 12
- The ultimate American music roots road trip
- The New Guys: Rock & Roll Replacements That Worked
- Paris-Londres. Music Migrations (1962–1989) temporary exhibition
- Père Lachaise in the news