Fairhaven Memorial Park, Santa Ana, California
Pamela Courson, December 22, 1946–April 25, 1974
Pamela Susan Courson was born in Weed, California. She died on April 25, 1974 from a drug overdose in Los Angeles.
Like Jim, she was also 27 years old at the time of her death. She is buried in Fairhaven Memorial Park, Santa Ana, California. Pamela was Jim’s longtime girlfriend and was in Paris with him when he died.
Leo Fender (1909–1991), inventor of the first electric guitar, the Fender Broadcaster, is also buried in Fairhaven Memorial Park.
- New book on Orange country graves lists famous, semi-famous The Orange County Register
- Angels Dance And Angels Die: The Tragic Romance of Pamela and Jim Morrison by Patricia Butler
Feature photo courtesy of J. Eric Lynxwile
- Watch a new Père Lachaise documentary by Arte.tv through December 31
- The Doors Live At The Bowl ’68 in theaters on November 27
- Jim Morrison to have public square in Paris named in his honor
- The Doors Alive to play Olympia January 2019 with Letz Zep and One Night of Queen
- A music-themed weekend for European Heritage Days (Journées du Patrimoine) in Paris