Metallica release to benefit Paris attack victims
This year’s ambassador for Record Story Day is Metallica. The band’s official release is a special live CD entitled “Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité, Metallica!—Live at Le Bataclan. Paris, France—June 11th, 2003”. Proceeds will benefit the Give For France charity to help victims of the Paris attacks on November 13, 2015. Yet another reason to love this band.
There are also two exclusive releases by The Doors, one of which is dedicated to Paris victims.
Newly revealed Record Store Day offerings dedicated to Paris victims include a live version of “Roadhouse Blues” by The Doors, the 1960s California rockers who enjoy a major fan base in France. — Mail Online
- “Roadhouse Blues” (live) AA side “A Feast Of Friends” A side.One in a series of Record Store Day’s “Disquaire Day” series of 7″ singles in support of our friends in France. This special edition Doors’ single features a live version of “Break On Through” backed with “A Feast of Friends.” Limited to 4,000 copies. More info
- Live at the Aquarius: The First PerformanceThis three LP Record Store Day version of this Doors’ live album is pressed on blue vinyl and features the Doors’ first night of a two night stand at the Aquarius Theatre on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. Limited to 5,000 copies. More info
About Record Store Day
Record Store Day was conceived in 2007 at a gathering of independent record store owners and employees as a way to celebrate and spread the word about the unique culture surrounding nearly 1400 independently owned record stores in the US and thousands of similar stores internationally.
Feature image: Record Store Day press kit
- The Doors: Break On Thru – A Celebration Of Ray Manzarek screening, February 12
- The ultimate American music roots road trip
- The New Guys: Rock & Roll Replacements That Worked
- Paris-Londres. Music Migrations (1962–1989) temporary exhibition
- Père Lachaise in the news